The responsibility of the CLICS staff is to collaboratively lead the learning community, ensuring that it operates in a cohesive and effective manner in accordance with the mission of Catapult Learning. The staff member must demonstrate instructional leadership, assist with classroom assignments, and ensure a safe learning environment for all students. Also, they must work hand-in-hand with the administration in their assigned building.
• Possess an understanding of Catapult Learning’s philosophy, policies and procedures relating to conduct, discipline and attendance outcomes for students and staff.
• Provide instructional leadership in creating a positive and caring learning environment.
• Demonstrate an understanding of current curricular and instructional practices that promote student achievement and are specifically aimed at students with disabilities and behavioral issues.
• Understand the principles of effective classroom management.
• Implement the behavior improvement program.
• Develop strategies for continuous school improvement.
• Communicate effectively with all stakeholders including parents, outside social service agencies and law enforcement.
• Ensure compliance in upholding and enforcing school rules, administrative policies, and state, municipal and federal regulatory guidelines.
• Demonstrate professional conduct with colleagues, students, and parents in accordance with Catapult Learning police, procedures and rules.
• Lead by example by being punctual, respectful, and assertive and by guiding staff and students to take pride in their classrooms, school, and community.
Degree not required but recommended.
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Must understand that all children can learn. Must demonstrate positive and enthusiastic attitude towards internal and external customers. Must be flexible. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office preferred. Must be available to work during the summer months.
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Light lifting, walking, climbing stairs. Most programs are in school settings.
The Company provides all classroom and instructional materials as well prepared lesson plans and paid training. Continued instructional and leadership support for all employees is also provided.