Seeking Professional Development Presenters with an active Florida Teaching Certificate, for the 2019-2020 school year, to deliver staff development workshops for teachers and parents at schools in Miami Dade and/or Broward Counties. Part-time, per diem, with flexible schedules so that working professionals can apply.
BA/BS Degree in Education or related field. Master’s Degree with at least 5 years-experience working with K-12 students in a school setting. Expertise in Literacy, Writing, Math, Science and serving students with Special Needs. Experience delivering professional development and parent workshops to adults. Excellent communication and organizational skills. Employment is with Catapult Learning, a company with over 40 years of excellence in education.
• Studies/practices provided workshop content prior to delivery
• Contacts the school one week before workshop to confirm the workshop date
• Sets up and breaks down workshop room and materials
• Delivers professional development and/or parent engagement workshops in a timely and professional way
• Encourages participation and open discussion
• Ensures all educator and parent development is completed successfully
• Reviews attendee evaluations to improve the quality of the presentations
• Communicates actively with all directors regarding activities
• May provide onsite workshop application coaching as determined by Director
• Ensures all necessary paperwork is completed (to include sign-ins and evaluations)
• Provides all paperwork and completes evaluation summary within 3 days of workshop completion and e-mails all of this to
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Some local traveling required.
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Light lifting, walking, climbing stairs. Most programs are in school settings.