HAWAII: PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT FACILITATOR AND INSTRUCTIONAL COACH – per diem workload dependent upon available contracts
Will work collaboratively with fellow PD Coaches and Facilitators and with school principals to provide job-embedded coaching and model best practices to improve teaching quality in K-12 classrooms. PD Facilitators and Coaches are responsible for facilitating Catapult Learning PD workshops to teachers and administrators, and for conducting planning conferences, modeling lessons, co-teaching, analyzing data, reviewing student work, providing non-evaluative feedback, and identifying classroom resources to support student achievement during regularly scheduled school days. This is not a full time position.
Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Facilitating PD workshops
• Coaching, modeling, and facilitating the development of best practices with teachers
• Conducting planning conferences
• Encouraging participation and open dialogue as part of an effective coaching relationship
• Effectively engaging teachers in the coaching cycle
• Active communication
• Increasing engagement and rigor
• Utilizing data to determine instructional needs and drive continuous improvement
• Differentiating support to school staff based on student data and knowledge of research and best practices; offers and uses a repertoire of strategies that address the goal that all students can achieve at high levels, regardless of race/ethnicity, gender, socioeconomic status, or other factors of diversity
• Organizing and disseminating quality instructional methods and materials and duties such as demonstration teaching, and team teaching that would encourage or allow collaboration among staff members
Ideal candidate should possess strong organizational and communication skills and be willing to travel to more than one island.
BA/BS Degree in Education or related field and at least 5 years experience working with K-12 students in a school setting. Has experience delivering professional development workshops to adults.
Master's degree preferred.
Excellent communication skills are essential.
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Inter-island travel required.
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Light lifting, walking, climbing stairs. Most programs are in school settings