Under immediate direction of special education administrative staff and Occupational Therapy staff, provide occupational therapy services for designated students according to Individual Education Plan (IEP) goals and therapy intervention plan; maintain related service records and prepare a variety of reports.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES: (Incumbents may perform any combination of the essential functions shown below. This position description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, knowledge, or ability associated with this classification, but is intended to accurately reflect the principle job elements.)
- Provide educationally related occupational therapy services to designated students according to Individualized Education Plan (IEP) goals and therapy intervention plan.
- May assist occupational therapy specialist staff in identifying and assessing students’ skills and abilities in visual motor and perception, oral motor, sensory processing and self-regulation, motor planning, activities of daily living, fine motor function, social interactions, organizational skills, and postural stability.
- Assist with the development of the occupational therapy intervention plan as part of the IEP process; assist with data collections and progress monitoring.
- Attend IEP meetings as directed to report findings and recommendations.
- Maintain regular contact with assigned occupational therapy; report parent and teacher concerns and issues and update student levels of performance
- Provide assistance to educational staff through consultation, training, and direct individual or group activities; contact district staff, parents, and various agencies related to occupational therapy services.
- Monitor the use of adaptive equipment and other assistive devices and technologies; may recommend or develop assistive devices.
- Order supplies, equipment, and assessment materials; organize for use in therapy intervention.
- Attend staff meetings and assist with staff development as assigned.
- Document therapy received and record progress; maintain a variety of service related logs and prepare reports using district-wide applications and designated reporting formats.
- Perform related duties as assigned.