The instructional coach provides leadership for teachers by planning, collaborating, organizing, mentoring and facilitating change to improve the instructional program
- Provide support and assistance to all classroom teachers in the full and skillful implementation of the key competencies
- Monitor and review all lessons plans to ensure that all necessary skills and content are strategically taught and students progress through the curriculum with an emphasis on mastery of relevant standards
- Conduct demonstration lessons to insure that all teachers have been trained to an advanced level of delivery and are using the instructional materials as designed.
- Assist teachers in building an interactive classroom environment focused on the content and learning strategies embedded in the curricular programs.
Schedule, organize and facilitate collaborative instructional team meetings to assist in the analysis and utilization of assessment data (formative, summative) to improve student achievement and establish goals for improved instruction
- Establish and model guidelines with the department chair to effectively facilitate team meetings following a prepared agenda, identified action steps and outcomes to ensure the use of core learning skills in addition to ensuring appropriate student progress through the subject curriculum.
- Conduct classroom observations and provides “next-step” support for all teachers.
- Monitor preparation and pacing of instruction to ensure mastery of relevant standards.
Serve as a resource in identifying appropriate instructional strategies and interventions to improve student achievement for all students including English learners, students enrolled in Special Education Programs, and students with diverse learning needs.
- Explore and assist in the implementation of effective intervention resources and strategies.
- Develop and monitor a school site support plan in coordination with the Team Leader
- Work with the regional team members in planning for all schools’ success.
- Conduct site support visits in conjunction with members of the team, observing instruction in order to assess program implementation and future professional development needs.
Assist schools with the consistent use a structured planning framework to deliver lessons that reflect explicit planning to address students' differing levels, skills and learning styles, while incorporating technology, materials, and activities to create a highly-engaging experience for students.
- Assist department chairs and teachers with using a structured framework to deliberately plan for engaging lessons that accommodate the differing levels of all students
- Assist teachers ensure that all tasks and activities assigned to students are interesting, relevant, at the appropriate challenge level, engaging, and aligned to each student’s learning needs.
- .Assisting the administration and department chairs with the cycle of lesson observations and constructive one-on-one feedback to teachers resulting in action planning targeting teacher development and improved student achievement.
Assist schools with their understanding of student achievement goals consistent with District expectations and available baseline and historical testing data
- Analyze all assessment data with the regional team in order to create individual student and/or teacher intervention plans.
- Assist schools with planning and preparing for appropriate, effective and timely administration of standardized tests
- Assist schools with identifying, planning and undertaking appropriate” next steps teaching” for groups of students as indicated by the assessment process